Biotin promotes hair and scalp health and may also help prevent hair loss. Some of the natural sources of biotin include nuts, oats, brown rice, eggs and brewer's yeast. Adding these foods to your regular diet helps prevent hair loss.
Vitamin E is also essential for good scalp health. Make nuts, seeds, avocado, olive oil as part of your daily diet.
Iron is essential to prevent hair loss. Add green leafy vegetables, dried fruits and berries to your diet.
Make sure you get plenty of sleep apart from a healthy diet to have healthy hair.
Here are some home remedies you can try to prevent hair loss:
- Chew on a few curry leaves first thing in the morning for a month to see good results,
- Add a few drops of rosemary oil to olive oil and massage your scalp. Leave on for atleast 30 minutes before you rinse it off.
- Take a teaspoon of unsulfured blackstrap molasses everyday to prevent hair loss.
- Exercise regularly to improve your circulation.
- Be gentle on your hair. Use mild shampoo for washing and handle wet hair very gently. Avoid harsh chemicals and heat.